Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolution


Every year I make the same New Year’s resolutions. They have never included working out or eating healthy (although they probably should), but instead provide a glimpse into my self proclaimed short comings. My annual list includes, being a better listener, a better daughter, a better sister, and a better friend. The first resolution obviously helps achieve all the others, and just so happens to be my weakest link. It’s easy to speak, but difficult to truly quiet one’s ego and listen. While I wish to some day attain all of these goals the reality for me is that these are all a continual work-in-progress. I’m no super woman. I always watch in amazement as friends seem to juggle all of life’s obstacles with ease. One day I’ll learn the secret, but until then I will continue making my New Year’s Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment